I know I said in Failing Technology Doesn’t Have to Ruin Your Business Presentation I would post next on a Technology Fail Safe Plan, but I’ve been asked so often about “Planning your BNI Infomercial (or “Sales Manager Minute”)” that this post seemed more immediate.
Try your hand at copywriting: the secret to re-writing your BNI Infomercial (or “Sales Manager Minute”)
At the end of this activity, you’ll have a brand new BNI infomercial (“Sales Manager Minute”) for your BNI sales team. But to make the most of rewriting your BNI infomercial, you should grab a piece of scrap paper now.
INSTRUCTIONS: Divide your page into five areas. Then answer the following questions (one question for each section of the page).
- What product would you like to sell? (Write your answer in Area 1.)
- What problem does your product solve? (Write your answer in Area 2.)
- What profession could use this product?
- What special offer, or incentive, could you give to get someone to use your product now? (*This answer should be something you’re already doing; e.g. A café ‘s offer could be a free coffee to whomever brings in a new friend for lunch).
- Turn each area into a sentence ( you might want to combine area 1 with 3).
Your new BNI Infomercial (a.k.a. “Sales Manager Minute”) will have the following:
You’ll have 3 sentences in this order for your infomercial:
- + you can add your name and company at any time. And you can continue to improve your BNI infomercial with a strong start.
Well, what did you come up with? Think it will sell your product?
Leave your draft BNI Infomercial as a comment and receive free feedback from a Tangible Words copywriter.