Despite the uncertainties south of the border, there are ways you can protect and promote your Canadian manufacturing business to stay competitive in the US market. Developing a communications plan will improve your website content and give you a competitive edge.
5 Steps to Develop a Communications Plan to Stay Competitive in the US Market
Provide Accurate, Trustworthy, Timely Content to US Customers
- Let the customer drive your content. The needs and wants of your target market will direct the type of content you create and the platforms you use to deliver it. Use SEO optimization.
- Clearly explain how you deal with us dollar/currency fluctuation.
- Communicate the value of goods manufactured in Canada.
- Explain shipping costs up front. Address any logistics issues.
- Educate your target market about government policies, trade barriers, and tariffs, which may affect their transactions.
Make sure your website content speaks to your US customers (WIIFM) so that you stay competitive in the US Market.