As a website copywriter in Toronto and Ottawa, I run into plagiarism issues frequently. In our first article I ask the question: Are we guilty of plagiarism in this Web 2.0 era? Do you think Web 2.0 is screwing around with intellectual property rights?
What do you think?
1) Give names to your terminology
2) Publish a book – to capture your knowledge in print first, it seems safer than any other form (PPT, Blog, LI groups)
3) Keep a running works cited list of everything you read that changes the way you think – include the page URL, the author, date and time you read it.
4) Publish a works Cited list at the end of every online article and blog post you write
5) Publish theories –people will remember it. For instance, Simon Spinek is cited often and no one will ever forget that he was the original creator of The Golden Circle theory.
We all must hold ourselves accountable to the things we believe-or how will there be any integrity left in the world?