Make Your Twitter Content Worth a Retweet
When your followers ‘favourite’ your Tweets, it can make you feel warm and fuzzy inside. You’re just happy you’ve tweeted information someone is interested in. But how do you ensure that someone shares that interest through their own networks (and not just save it to read later)?
Here’s 5 Tips To Help Get Your Twitter Content Retweeted
- Make Your Followers Feel—Add an image that is awe-inspiring or just plain funny to prompt followers to pass the message on. Include links (near the end of the message) and relevant hashtags, (no more than 3) too. It will all help tell your story and save you words.
- Say What You Want—Ask for Retweets, yep that’s it. “Please Retweet” works well. You could say this is a call to action, which is also essential to your complete content marketing strategy.
- Tweet At The Right Time—Tweet when your followers are actually free to look at Twitter (use your analytics). This may be the weekend or lunch times or on the train to work. Find the best time to catch them so they’ll read your Tweet and make the effort to pass it forward. Use an editorial calendar to help you plan the most relevant Twitter content and the best time to Tweet it.
- Pay It Forward—If you want Retweets, Retweet others’ good content and give them credit. Choose carefully so it meshes with your own ideas and upholds your online reputation. Do it often enough to show respect for their content and they’ll return the favour. You can also Retweet to voice your opinion on someone’s content to either support or argue against. (But be aware of your target audience sometimes strong opinions can backfire.) Keep your business Twitter respectful.
- Make Followers Look Good If They Share—Tweets are marketing content and good content is what will get you noticed and get your information shared. Give your followers helpful content or offer up something they don’t know and will want to pass on, like news, instructional advice, and opinions. Help them feel they’ve discovered something new and timely to share. They’ll forward the information on making them, and you, look good.
Hurrah Retweet and Comment Is A Thing!
No longer do you have to leave room for a retweet (before April best practice was to use only 71-100 of your precious 140 character allotment to let people share adding their own voice). Now with the Retweet and Comment option users can quickly retweet your post and add their own comments without mashing everything into the original 140 character limit.
Just getting started using Twitter, or using other social media for your business?
Take this Quiz: Is everything going wrong on social media for you?
Then, find out how Tangible Words can help you make the most of social media as sales tools for your business.
Understand Twitter & Use it For Sales. Get Your Free Infographic with a bonus pipeline.
500 Million Tweets Per Day Are Sent. Should You Bother For Your Business? LEARN:
- Road map to effectively using Twitter
- Best Twitter Tips.
- Favourite software to make Twitter better for business.
- BONUS: How to Build Your Pipeline on Twitter.