Plan Your Content To Meet Website Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0
Let’s Help You Be Website Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Compliant
Don’t be scared of making your website accessible. Website Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0) makes sure everyone can access your online content, simply. It’s not a difficult task, and even easier when it’s part of your content planning.
And, meeting WCAG 2.0 won’t tax your budget, especially if you’ve already set aside funds to work with a web developer who’ll make sure the design elements meet the functionality requirements.
If you’re developing your website on your own be conscious of choosing simple layouts and describing your content in a way that’s navigable by text reading software.
Following some fundamental copywriting rules, like eliminating sector specific jargon and vague descriptions from your content, makes it easier to ensure your website complies with WCAG 2.0.
Two Ways Copywriting Ensures Your Website Is Accessible
There’s two areas you can control in your content planning process that ensure you’re meeting online content accessibility guidelines.
- Your Content: Here’s where simple language has two-fold advantages. Your language is clear and understandable so all consumers know exactly what you’re offering. And, simple language won’t lose its meaning when read with assistive devices.
- Rely on your content words, not flashy graphics, to communicate your message;
- Don’t leave your language open to interpretation, tell it like it is;
- Tell users what’s in it for them using images and text.
2. Website Appearance: Your Best Practices Guide tells you how content should be displayed for maximum
user engagement. For WSAG 2.0 this means actions like making sure images and linked documents include
descriptive captions and alternate text so reading software can capture their intention and purpose.
When adding content always:
- Drop your images “in line’ instead of adjacent or flush so text is associated with the image;
- Use at least 14 point font with a good contrast colour to your background;
- Make sure your links are highly visible.
Offering videos? Make sure there’s closed captioning and a transcript available.
Free Industry Relevant Marketing Advice PLUS Receive the “How To Increase Your Sales By 340%” infographic
Learn ways you can increase your sales online PLUS receive industry relevant ideas and advice on online sales, improving your website, and other content marketing techniques.
PLUS 5 tips and statistics on how to increase your sales.
Remember there is no commitment…you can unsubscribe at anytime if you don’t find the free resources helpful.