Professional Keyword Placement Strategies: Improve Website SEO
Using Search Engine Optimization (SEO) professional keyword placement strategies will attract the right buyers to your company website. After all, your website’s good content will only convince people to buy if they can find it!
It’s important that your SEO keywords sound natural, so use them to write your website content in a way people can understand. Choosing to spend your money on professional copywriting services is a great way to accomplish this. But if you decide to improve your website SEO yourself, you can still use these pro tips for keyword placement.
9 Website Locations for Your SEO Keyword Placement Strategy
- The title is the most crucial place for keywords on the page.
- Put your main keyword in your title, preferably at the beginning if possible.
- A strong headline is the biggest factor in attracting people.
- Put your main keyword in a prominent place in your introductory paragraph.
- Include the main keyword in the H1 heading and up to one other subheading
- Use secondary keywords in other subtitles throughout the page or article.
4. Body Text
- Use your main keyword a minimum of 2–3 times in your body text — more if your content is longer.
5. Image Alternative Text (Alt Text)
- Alt text is a word or phrase that indicates the contents of an image. It is usually visible when the cursor is placed over the image — unlike a caption, which is always visible.
- Use your main keyword once in the alt text attribute of an image, but ensure that the alt text still makes sense to describe the image.
- Use your main keyword once in your URL.
- Every page should have a unique URL to avoid duplicate content. This ensures that you have one strong page on a topic and are not competing with yourself.
7. Meta Description
- Use your main keyword once in the meta description.
- Add secondary keywords to flesh out the main idea of your website.
8. Link Anchor Text (also called Hyperlinks)
- This is the text (often blue and underlined) that readers click on to go to another page.
- Place keywords in link anchor text when it makes sense, but avoid putting too many of the same keywords in anchor text. A variety of keywords is safest. If too many links all use the same anchor text, Google may view this as spam and also doesn’t improve your SEO.
- Keep text short and simple, but specific; make sure it’s relevant to the page you are linking to.
9. Menu Navigation
- Use keywords in the menu to link from the main page to subpages, and in subpage links back to the main page.
- Vary your keywords and be sure they sound natural.
- Keep navigation links as short as possible, while still giving an accurate description of the link destination.
Weebly and Yoast: Two Great Tools for Website SEO
1. Weebly Website Builder Facilitates Professional Keyword Placement Strategies
It’s easy to apply your professional keyword placement strategies using Weebly. Use the settings tab to add SEO elements. Here, you can enter your keywords into the site description, meta keywords, footer code, header code and 301 redirects in labelled text boxes.
To add SEO keywords to individual pages within your website, Weebly offers the advanced settings link from the pages tab. Here you can enter your keywords into the page title, page description, meta keywords, footer & header.
2. Have Yoast SEO WordPress Plugin Analyze Your Content
Yoast SEO is a plugin for WordPress. It allows you to set a main keyword and then Yoast will analyze your content to see if you use the main keyword frequently enough and in the right spots.
When working with Yoast, you can get the Google view of how your search result will look by using the meta box to help you optimize title and meta description.
A Great No-Cost Investment: Free Professional Website Assessment
With its power to increase the number of website visitors that convert into customers, SEO is more relevant today than ever. Good website SEO ensures results that are more specific to the user, which means users who actively seek out your website are more likely to make a purchase. As Google and other search engines continue to improve the accuracy of their search results, professional SEO keyword placement strategies are increasingly important.