Stop Losing Business Online – Here's How
Dated content, underwhelming functionality and hard to find information can turn off your potential customers, especially from first time visitors to your website. Thankfully, there is a website content strategy you can use to stop losing business online.
Five Actions So You Stop Losing Business Online
It takes a time commitment but you’ll save hours of wheel spinning if you follow these principles to stop losing business online. You won’t have to rebuild your website every two years unless your business or your audience has changed.
Because your website is your business storefront use a website content strategy to attract and retain your customers, and:
- Create a document that thoroughly and simply describes who you are, what you do, who you’re target audience is and how you plan to reach them. It’s this Content Plan/Content Strategy that’s the foundation for managing your content long term.
- Once you know what you want to say you’ve got to help users find it. An Information Architecture is a plan that lays out the best design for ease of use and sales conversion. Using an IA, all you have to do is slot fresh content—like blogs, offers and calls to action—into predefined spaces. No extra thinking required.
- Search engines, like Google, change how they rank your website all the time. Website SEO Copywriting makes sure your business is consistently defined throughout your content to keep you relevant and valid online. Effective SEO means your business shows up at the top of search results giving you an edge over your competitors.
- Plan your content so you can keep up with the demand for fresh information. List the new content like blogs and newsletters you’re going to need over a period of time. Then create it ahead of time or pay for website copywriting. This way you’re not stressed to update your site when you’re busy fulfilling all your other obligations.
- Use your content to nurture a relationship with your users. Website copywriting helps you strategically provide information that is both useful and shows your knowledge of your product or service. Build on a foundation of information (Pillar Content) that defines the essentials of your business and your philosophy. Continually pair Pillar Content with new information to keep loyal audiences interested yet fully inform new visitors to your website.
Website Copywriting Ensures All Your Content Is Used & Keeps Your Design In Check
Make sure you do a content plan first so you’re not rethinking space and placement when you’re in the design phase. When you define your content first you avoid it being vetoed by your design team. Work together with your designer to create a website you’re both pleased with. Why? Because when you invest in content and it gets slashed to fit the design:
- # 1 you’ve wasted money having it created (you’ve probably paid by the unit), and;
- #2 your audience won’t benefit from all the information defined in your content strategy as essential.
There are ways to make sure your website is performing well as how people use websites changes over time. A/B (or split) testing lets you compare two versions of your website to see which one performs better. And, you can check your analytics in 6 months to get a clearer picture of what’s working and what’s not. Make necessary changes then, based on facts rather than preconceived notions.
Talk to Alysha, a website copywriting expert, to find out how your website is performing right now. A website consultation and content audit report will determine where you can improve your content and design.
Ever Wondered How to Fix Your Website the Right Way! Free Infographic
Most people are dissatisfied with their website, but they mistakenly blame it on the design.
Improve your website: Stay relevant, get found, be awesome.
- Identify: what should be on your website?
- Index and organize your content for user-friendly (and strategic) experiences.
- SEO Website Copywriting
- Provide Content over the next 12 months