Before you start your new website design and even before you decide on a website developer, don’t forget these 6 strategies discussed in the last article. Once you’ve completed those strategies, you are now ready for a new website or website redesign. Here is a checklist to go through with your website developer so that you get all you need and want for your company website.
Remember to ask your website developer about:
- A Mobile Friendly website
- A Custom Header – For your logo and tagline
- Providing a test site where new content can be posted before uploading it to my old domain
- Colours that will suit your brand
- A back-up procedure for your new website
- Homepage customization
- Do they work well with website copywriters?
- Modules – drag & drop template sections so you will be able to customize pages yourself or by your administration team.
- Columns/Sidebars (widgets) to hold consistent information on every page
- A domain URL purchase (www….)
- Web Hosting Service
- Blog or chronological article space
- Dynamic Social Media icons and update space
- Time to figure out how many pages you need and where the information will go using our company website copywriter
- Help finding images
- A Content Management System (CMS) so I can change content myself when necessary.
- Images will be high resolution so displays need to have fast downloads.
Are we forgetting anything that you think would be helpful when speaking with your website developer?