The First 7 Most Common Misconceptions About Inbound Marketing
Inbound marketing has become the new way to approach people in the virtual world. In fact, businesses are approaching people less and helping potential customers come to them to find what they are looking for.
Natural leads in which they can turn into loyal customers.
However considering this new way of marketing is still something the business world is wrapping their heads around, many people have misconceptions about inbound marketing and how it works.
Here are 7 of 14 Misconceptions About Inbound Marketing
- All inbound leads turn into sales.
63% of people who want to know more information about what you’re selling wait 3 months before purchasing anything.
This means that you have to nurture your leads and create loyalty; expressing a desire in developing a relationship. Nurturing people’s interests actually generates 50% more leads at 33% lower costs. So taking leads and turning them warm by offering more information and loyalty incentives can be key which ultimately helps your sales team sell faster.
- Results will happen overnight. A lot of businesses quit their inbound marketing campaign 3-6 months after they begin. However inbound marketing is all about building up relationships with strangers and making them into customers. This isn’t something that will happen overnight, the quicker you try to push your customers the more outbound you’ll seem and you could lose important leads.
People that put more time into their strategy, the more cost-effective they are by 62%.
- Outbound marketing isn’t necessary anymore. Outbound marketing has always been a quick and successful way to get right to the point and sell to your visitors. Although inbound marketing has taken over the marketing world, outbound marketing is still necessary when selling products. It’s important to find a balance and understand what each form of marketing can do for your business and how you should use them, in order to optimize your customer traffic.
- Sales reps aren’t needed anymore. Now that everything is moving not only online but away from trying to directly sell to people, many think that sales representatives aren’t necessary anymore. However inbound marketing now can work even better with your sales team and create a balanced bridge between marketing and sales. Organizations are now able to work more smoothly through the selling process by having a constant interest in the visitors.
- Blogging doesn’t bring customers. The truth is the total opposite;
92% of people who blog regularly receive customers through their blog content.
People now view blogs as an educational forum to further understand what you and your business are all about. Keeping the blog fresh and up to date also shows visitors how dedicated you are to always providing them with more information so they begin to trust you.
- Inbound marketing doesn’t close customers. Having that inbound marketing tool between the marketing and sales process is beneficial. This helps when turning your initial cold leads into warm leads that influence sales. Having that platform that continues to interact and form a relationship with your customers helps to develop their loyalty to you as well as eventually have them buying your products.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is dead. As technology progresses our business world becomes more and more advanced. Now a days Google has made SEO possible with more efficient methods. It is now able to filter more thoroughly through fake pages, poor links, and is able to pick out keywords better than ever. Now people are able to find reliable content faster and more efficiently.
Can’t find your misconception about inbound marketing here. Don’t worry, in our next article you will find 7 additional misconceptions about inbound marketing explained.
Give Inbound Marketing A Chance! Here’s A Free Checklist.
With this free checklist, you will be given a new framework for campaigns that solves common marketing problems.
You will learn how to develop an inbound marketing campaign that:
- Uses integrated tools to connect everything
- Works in any situation
- Starts with the customer in mind
Download our checklist today to start maximizing the return on investment for your future marketing campaigns!