How A Five Second Video Increases Website Traffic
Words are good. Especially when they’re clear, concise and lift your company’s recognition above your competitors. But a five second video can be your most valuable tool to increase website traffic when your goal is to engage more consumers, fast.
You heard it right, from a writer no less, five second videos (and other visuals) help you engage more consumers.
Videos can be dramatic and fun. They’ll evoke emotions and emotional reactions that even the best writing can’t stir in everyone.
And, an effective five second video lets you send your message before attentions move on to the next stimulus.
What’s better, a five second video can be used over and over (just like great copywritten content). You can use video in your social media marketing and on your website. Or drop a five second video into your next webinar or traditional boardroom presentation.
Here’s How A Five Second Video Increases Website Traffic
Visuals such as infographics or great photos give your audience a quick lesson (infographic) or a rush of feeling (photo). What’s true of five second videos is the sheer volume of users who are hooked immediately. That’s why marketers are moving towards video as a staple of their content marketing plans. Here’s some numbers to help you understand why you should be creating videos too:
- Visual content is 40x more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content. (Buffer, 2014). Offer something people want to share to show their network they’re funny, hip or smart. (It lessens the creative burden on your audience too).
- 4x as many customers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it. (Animoto, 2015). Give your audience easily consumed content to hook them. (Remember you’ll still need the words to close the deal with real buyers).
- 48% of marketers plan to add YouTube to their content strategy in the next year. (HubSpot, 2016). It doesn’t hurt to go with flow when choosing a medium for your message especially when YouTube has made it so easy–and inexpensive. (Keep quality messaging as your base then get a little more creative using video).
While investing in five second videos is a sound choice. When combined with professional copywritten written content and framed within your content marketing strategy your business can build its reputation across every media. Tangible Words can help you prepare content (words, videos and infographics) that fits anywhere, anytime you need it.
- Boost your sales potential when you invest in a social media content strategy.
- Understand why using video (and other visuals) can attract more customers to your company.
- Statistics show you why and how you should use social media to attract more customers to your company.